Austin is a fit city, there’s no doubt about it. Whether you live south, central or up north near Round Rock, there’s an ever growing list of gyms and fit activities for all types of work outs.
Below we have some of our favorite ways to get or stay fit here in Austin, TX.
Across most of Austin
- Camp Gladiator: if you’re looking for a boot camp style workout that celebrates teamwork and accountability, CG (as participants call it) is for you! There’s CG workouts all over Austin, at all times of the day and a membership gets you access to any of the spots.
- ClassPass: does the idea of the same workout every day ruin your workout vibes? ClassPass is an excellent choice! When you sign up for ClassPass, you get access to thousands of classes at different studios and gyms all over the Austin area. You can kick box one day, do yoga the next, and hit a boot camp to close out the week.
- CrossFit: with dozens of gyms across all of Austin, the high intensity work out of CrossFit is easily accessible in the area.
South / Downtown Austin
- South Austin Rock Gym – rock climbing is an excellent leg and arm workout, and is different from the normal exercise routines you may do. (If you’re into rock climbing out of a gym, try the Greenbelt)
- Hiking at the Greenbelt
- Swimming laps at Deep Eddy Pool
- Dancing at Ballet Austin – your first drop-in class is free!
- Walking, running, biking, kayaking, SUP-ing and more at Lady Bird (Town) Lake
- Yoga at one of the many beloved yoga studios like:
- Pump some iron or enjoy fitness classes at Castle Hill Fitness
- Pure Austin Gym has a variety of classes, including some stand up paddle board yoga and cycling outside with a view of Quarry Lake
- Round Rock & beyond