Lakeview is an area full of young professionals, with a plethora of coffee shops, restaurants, diners, bars and gyms to keep you entertained. Though not encompassing of all the must do’s in the Lakeview area, here’s our little weekend bucket list. Did we miss something? Let us know on Twitter @medspring.
- Head out and enjoy dinner (and BYOB if you desire) at Home Bistro on Halsted at Roscoe (you’ll definitely want to get one of the entries with truffle fries)
See a show
- At the cozy Beat Kitchen on Belmont
- Wake up and get moving by dropping into a Vinyasa yoga class at Om on the Range yoga studio on Ravenswood
- Or, if yoga isn’t for you, swing by Windy City Crossfit right next door for a free Saturday group session
- Grab a delicious breakfast crepe or healthy smoothie at Beezzee on Sheffield (between Diversey and Wolfram)
- There are so many options for a great cuppa Joe in Lakeview. We recommend the Mayan mocha at Osmium Coffee Bar on Belmont between Clifton Ave and Seminary Ave or the ever popular Intelligentsia on Broadway between Briar Place and Barry Ave
- For a unique coffeehouse, Heritage Bicycles on Lincoln Ave serves up an amazing cold brew
- If you’re in the mood to kill some time, head on over to Transistor on Broadway and get lost in the unique shop. You’re bound to find a vinyl you can’t pass up or a neat knickknack for the house
Have a laugh
- We know it’s not in Lakeview, but a short 20 minute ride on the Brown Line will take you to the historic Second City Theater. Make sure to buy your tickets in advance – it sells out early!
Cheer on the Cubs
- If it’s baseball season, head to 3639 Wrigley Rooftop to watch the Cubs on the rooftop
Enjoy some ice cream
- It’s never too cold for ice cream. Regardless of the time of year, head over to a Lakeview essential: Bobtail for a cone of homemade deliciousness
Enjoy Lakeview with this fun itinerary. And remember, if you fall sick during your weekend, MedSpring is open weekends until 9pm to get you back to better… and your social calendar.