Regular patients at our Central Austin and River Oaks (Houston) clinics often request MedSpring to be open longer hours. Our mission as an urgent care facility is to provide convenient and quality medical care, and trying extended hours is just one way to do just that!
As of Monday March 2, the Central Austin center on North Lamar is open for extended hours. Additionally, beginning Monday, April 13, the River Oaks center in Houston will feature the following extended hours:
- Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Saturday and Sunday, 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
All MedSpring centers have physicians on-site from 9 a.m. until 9 p.m every day. That isn’t changing. But, there will be some differences during the extended hours (7 a.m. – 9 a.m. and 9 p.m. – 11 p.m.) which include:
- Walk-ins are welcome; appointments are accepted from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Occupational health services will be available from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- Mid-level providers will be available during extended hours; should a patient feel they require a physician, they will need to come in between 9 a.m. – 9 p.m.
What is a mid-level provider?
Commonly called an advanced practice clinician or a non-physician health care professional, a mid-level provider is a medical professional with formal accreditation and certification but who may have a more restricted scope of practice than physicians. Physician’s Assistants (PAs) and Nurse Practitioners (NPs) are common types of mid-level providers.
We’re excited to be able to expand our hours so we can serve our patients at hours more convenient for their busy schedules – before work or school, or much later into the evening. Stay tuned as we may expand our extended hours program to more locations.